Where to find professional Invisalign treatment in Kennesaw & Tucker, GA
Countless teens and adults would love to have the confidence and oral health benefits that come with straighter teeth but wearing orthodontic hardware for a few years does not fit their lifestyle. If this describes you, you will be happy to learn that Invisalign treatment is available in Kennesaw & Tucker, GA from Dr. Kay Kalantari at Dentistry and Orthodontics at Kennesaw Point.
The Invisalign process in Kennesaw & Tucker, GA
Your new smile begins with a comprehensive examination and consultation. Together you and Dr. Kalantari decide if Invisalign is the most appropriate treatment choice. Then, the doctor takes digital impressions of your mouth. A robust software system transforms these 3D panoramic images into a virtual treatment plan. You get to see, on a computer monitor, how your smile will change . . . before you commit to treatment!
A series of clear plastic aligners is created from the impressions and treatment plan, using 3D printing technology. You wear the first set for about two weeks, before advancing to the next pair. Aligners gently and incrementally reposition teeth with low force. Dr. Kalantari monitors your progress at brief six-week recheck appointment, making adjustments if necessary. Each case is unique, but with good compliance (conscientiously wearing aligners 20 to 22 hours per day), most patients complete straightening in 12 to 18 months.
Why people love Invisalign
- No brackets, bands, or wires cemented to teeth.
- Invisalign is discreet – most people will not realize you are wearing aligners.
- Smooth plastic aligners are comfortable. There is no sharp hardware to irritate soft tissues.
- There are no eating restrictions, since aligners are removable. Just be sure to take Invisalign out before eating, and re-insert in a clean mouth, after your meal.
- Keep teeth sparkling and breath fresh with normal brushing and flossing. No special equipment or technique is needed.
Did you know that straight teeth contribute to good oral health as well as an attractive smile? Invisalign treatment helps to eliminate tight contacts, overlaps, spaces, and twisted or shifted teeth – crevices that make hygiene more difficult and increase the risk of tooth decay and gum disease.