Kennesaw dentist explains the cost and benefits of root canals
Just mention a “root canal” and you will probably hear some groans – but the truth is that root canal therapy using modern dental tools and anesthetics is a pain-relieving procedure rather than a painful one, and it is often the only way to save your natural tooth after it has been compromised. At Dentistry and Orthodontics at Kennesaw Point, patients in the Kennesaw and Tucker, GA areas can rely on Dr. Kay Kalantari and our team of dental professionals to provide gentle, compassionate treatment when you need a root canal. Below, Dr. Kalantari explains the benefits and cost of this tooth-saving therapy.
Benefits of root canal treatment
Root canal therapy may be necessary for a variety of reasons, but the main underlying factor with all of them is that the inner contents of the tooth have become damaged or infected, often causing extreme pain. During root canal treatment, the inflamed and infected nerves, blood vessels, and pulp in the tooth are removed and replaced with a rubber-like material after sanitizing the area. Root canal therapy is:
- Conservative, saving your natural tooth when the only other option may be extraction
- Pain-relieving, eliminating the source of tooth pain you are experiencing
- Comfortable, using today’s effective anesthetics and if needed, an oral sedative to help you stay relaxed
Cost of root canal
The cost of a root canal depends on several factors, including:
- Which tooth is affected – front teeth tend to cost less than bicuspids, and molars in the back of your mouth are typically the most expensive to treat
- The type of imaging required to diagnose and plan your treatment
- The type of dental restoration that is placed on the top (such as a filling or a dental crown) and the material it is made from
Request an Appointment
If you need a root canal, it is best for your long-term oral health and your wallet not to wait – the issue can become worse if left untreated, leading to the need for more costly and extensive treatments and causing you unnecessary pain. We are always happy to explain your options for fitting root canal therapy into your budget and will help you determine whether your insurance benefits cover the treatment and if you will have any remaining out-of-pocket costs. Many insurance companies will cover at least a portion of the treatment.
We are here when you need us
If you are in pain, don’t hesitate to call Dentistry and Orthodontics at Kennesaw Point. We will get you into the schedule as soon as possible and use effective therapies to get you out of pain and back to your normal life. Our Kennesaw office can be reached at 678-275-2066 and patients near Tucker, GA can call us at Existing patients Phone NumberExisting patients Phone NumberExisting patients Phone Number678-580-3060.Back to Root Canals Page