Dr. Kay Kalantari Would Love to Welcome Aspiring Dental Assistants to OceanPointe Dental Academy
Dentistry at Kennesaw Point is dedicated to providing personal, gentle, and quality dental care to each patient in the Kennesaw and Tucker, GA area who comes through the doors. Dr. Kay Kalantari wants every patient who comes to her for dental work, to feel comfortable and at ease as they receive top-notch care while experiencing as little discomfort as possible. The quality care Dr. Kalantari performs can only be done with a team surrounding her that shares the same values, while also possessing the skill set to make sure that each patient walks away with a bright and healthy smile. This is why Dr. Kalantari has founded the Oceanpointe Dental Academy. Dr. Kalantari understands the importance of surrounding herself with a top-quality team and, if you are interested in becoming a dental assistant, she would love to welcome you.
Why Choose A Career in Dental Assisting?
If you have ever considered becoming a dental assistant, you are not alone. The field of dental assisting is one that many people all over the United States (and the world) are choosing. There are several reasons why choosing a career in dental assisting is a great and forward-thinking choice. The job of a dental assistant is fulfilling both personally and professionally. Not only will the dentist and hygienists rely on your work, but you can take satisfaction that every patient will rely on you to care for them and also make them feel safe and comfortable during their dental experience.
Here are some other reasons why choosing the career of a dental assistant is a worthwhile endeavor:
- Dental Assisting is In-Demand Now, more than ever, job security is so important to us all. Dentists are a vital and essential service in every community throughout the world and each dentist needs a team of skilled assistants. A dental office simply cannot function without them. This simple fact makes a career in dental assisting one that is highly sought after now and in the future.
- Increased Links Between Oral and General Health As closer links are found between oral and general health, the need for preventive dental services is going to continue to increase. As medical research continues to link oral health to issues such as cardiovascular disease, patients who may not have come to a dentist previously are now seeing an increased need to do so. This is providing more work for the dental community that was not present before.
- Increased Need for Dental Care Not only are people more likely to seek preventive dental care in our current times, but you can also take into account both population growth and the fact that elderly people are retaining their natural teeth longer thanks to advancements in dental treatments. These are just a few factors that, when combined, result in an increased need for dental work due to a larger number of recurring patients.
Besides, becoming a dental assistant provides you with a career that is constantly expanding its responsibilities. There will always be room to grow and many use the position as a launchpad into other positions within the dental industry including hygienist or office manager. The pay is competitive, and you will never experience two days that are the same.
Why Choose OceanPointe’s 14-week DA Course?
Dental assistants perform an irreplaceable role in any successful dental office as they focus on patient care which will include preparing a patient for an examination or procedure and then working side by side with the dentist as the treatment is being performed. This provides a career that is incredibly rewarding and allows you to work as a team with the dentist and other assistants in making each patient experience a success. The program offered by Dr. Kay will educate and prepare you for all facets of this fulfilling career. Here are some reasons Dr. Kay’s program has had great success. Tuition is affordable with multiple financing options.
- Hands-On Instruction in the Field Each student that goes through Dr. Kay’s program will not be expected to practice dental procedures on artificial dental apparatus. Instead, you will be assisting a licensed dentist in the field as they perform various dental procedures in addition to working on other students. This allows you to get a real-life and hands-on feel for the work you will be doing. This is an incredibly effective way to learn all that you will be expected to know in your dental assistant career. All of this work is done under the observance of instructors who will provide constructive criticism and instruction on how you can be the best you possibly can.
- State-of-the-Art Equipment Students who go through the program will be instructed on the proper way to take digital radiographs on state-of-the-art x-ray machines (in addition to traditional film). Each OceanPointe campus employs the latest and greatest in modern technology so that students can take intraoral and extraoral radiographs.
- The Best in Training Software Every student in the program will receive their copy of the Dentrix Training software which will help ensure you are fully competent using the patient management software technology that any hiring dentist will be expecting you, as a certified dental assistant, to have knowledge in and be able to use.
Upon completion of the program, you will not find yourself crushed by a mound of debt. Tuition is affordable and payment plans are available to students looking to enroll. This allows you to focus on your success in becoming a dental assistant and not about how you are going to pay for the program.
Dr. Kay Kalantari wants you to feel confident as you are entering your career as a dental assistant. This is why she has tailored her program around an environment that provides real professionals that will work with you to provide real experience at an active practice. This allows a painless transition from the classroom to a career.