Lumineers transform your teeth and smile in Kennesaw-Tucker, GA
It seems like everywhere you go these days; people have flawless smiles. And it is not by accident! Having a beautiful smile has never been within closer reach due to the latest advances in cosmetic dentistry options. At Dentistry at Kennesaw Point, patients in the Kennesaw and Tucker, GA areas have many options when it comes to transforming the appearance of their teeth. One of the quickest and easiest smile makeover options we offer is Lumineers. Below, Dr. Kalantari explains what Lumineers are, how they are different from traditional veneers, and what to expect during and after your Lumineers treatment.
What are Lumineers?
Lumineers are ultra-thin porcelain shells that are placed on top of your natural teeth to improve their appearance. They are similar to traditional porcelain veneers but have some key differences that are discussed below. Lumineers can be a great choice for patients who are seeking to hide minor cosmetic imperfections in their smile, such as:
- Discolored or permanently stained teeth that are not responding to whitening treatments
- Minor chips or cracks
- Gaps between teeth
- Slightly misaligned teeth
- Teeth that seem too big or too small in comparison to others
- Misshapen teeth due to genetics or wear and tear
- Improve the appearance of old dental restorations, such as bridges or crowns
At Dentistry at Kennesaw Point, we custom-design Lumineers for the most natural-looking and feeling results possible. An added benefit of Lumineers is that they are stain-resistant, which means that even if you enjoy daily coffee or tea or other deeply pigmented foods or beverages, they will not change color over time. They are also easy to take care of – simply following your normal recommended oral hygiene routine of brushing twice daily and flossing at least once per day will help keep your underlying teeth healthy and your Lumineers looking shiny and new.
How Lumineers differ from traditional porcelain veneers
One of the biggest differences between Lumineers and porcelain veneers is the size. Traditional veneers are usually made from thicker pieces of porcelain, which means that more of your healthy tooth structure needs to be removed to place them and achieve a natural-looking smile. Because of this, the preparation process for traditional veneers can often require anesthesia shots and temporary veneers due to the increased sensitivity that occurs while your final veneers are being fabricated.
Lumineers are also made of porcelain, but the material is ultra-thin and therefore requires much less tooth preparation and enamel removal, making the process not only more comfortable but also quicker. In some cases, no preparation of the tooth is even needed! Even though the material is thinner than traditional veneers, it is still durable and strong enough to withstand the forces that chewing and biting place on your teeth. Because there is little preparation done to your teeth before the placement of Lumineers, it is important to work with an experienced and skilled Lumineers provider like Dr. Kalantari so that the end result does not appear or feel bulky or unnatural.
Patients and dentists love Lumineers!
Lumineers teeth reviews from both patients and dentists alike consistently contain rave reports about both the process and end results that can be achieved. Because only a minimal amount of your tooth structure needs to be smoothed down before placing Lumineers, dentists love them because they keep your natural tooth healthy and intact. Lumineers teeth before and after photos show the remarkable transformation in patients’ smiles—the results speak for themselves!
What to expect during and after your Lumineers placement
The process for placing Lumineers is easy and just requires two simple visits.
- In your first visit, we will consult with you about your cosmetic goals and what you are hoping to improve about your smile to ensure that Lumineers are the best choice for you. Then, when you are ready to move forward, we will take impressions of your teeth and send these impressions to a Lumineers laboratory, along with photos of your face and smile, to that they can be custom fabricated to provide the best possible results. No numbing, shots or temporary veneers are needed at this appointment.
- Once your veneers are ready a few weeks later, you will come in to have them placed on your teeth. First, we try them on your teeth to ensure a proper fit. When you and Dr. Kalantari both agree that they look and feel great, she will slightly etch your teeth to prepare them for the Lumineers and then bond them on your teeth one at a time for a perfect fit and placement. Once your Lumineers are all in place, Dr. Kalantari will ensure that your bite is still correct so that your jaw remains comfortable and you are not at risk of chipping your new Lumineers due to your bite pattern. Then, you are free to leave and show off your beautiful smile!
After your Lumineers have been placed, you can expect them to last for up to 20 years if you take good care of your teeth and gums. If at some point you choose to remove them, they are completely reversible since your underlying tooth structure was unaltered. You can still eat all your favorite foods – even sticky or hard foods like gum and hard candy. However, we do recommend that you avoid chewing ice, pencils, or similar materials to help keep your Lumineers in great shape.
Cost of Lumineers
We understand that the Lumineers teeth cost is an important factor for anyone considering this treatment. Several factors go into determining the cost of Lumineers, such as how many you are having placed, how much time the procedure will take, and the size of your teeth. In general, Lumineers cost about the same as traditional porcelain veneers. Dr. Kalantari’s team will provide you with an up-front estimate of your cost and we have several payment options to make your treatment fit within your budget.
Schedule your personalized consultation
At Dentistry at Kennesaw Point, we love helping patients achieve the beautiful smile they have always wanted because the benefits go far beyond just pearly white, straight teeth. If you are located in the Kennesaw-Tucker area and are searching for “Lumineers teeth near me,” your hunt is over! Call Dr. Kalantari today at (678)-580-3060 to schedule your personalized consultation and evaluation.